Google really wants everyone to try out Google Meet. So they built it into their Gmail page design, some months ago. Google Meet probably roosts in the lower-left corner when you visit Gmail.com on your computer.
But not everyone uses Google Meet. And some people want that valuable screen real estate back, for their email folder list! So here’s how to remove Meet from Gmail:
- Open your computer’s web browser and go to Gmail.com.
- Click the Settings cogwheel icon to the upper-right, and then click See All Settings.
- Look across the sections headings, and click Chat and Meet.
- Click the bubble next to “Hide the Meet section…”. (And if you don’t use Hangouts, you can turn that off here, as well!)
- Click the Save Changes button, and then reload your Gmail page.
If you make use of this tip, you can still use Google Meet. Simply go to the Google Meet website, or reverse these steps to bring back Meet to your Gmail page.