If you play Steam video games, you should know that you *can* delete a game from your library. This is more than simply uninstalling the game. Deleting it from your Steam Library means you’ll never again see it in your list of available games, or be able to reinstall it.
It’s not obvious how to remove a Steam game in this manner, so here are the steps:
- In the Steam program, click Help and then click Steam Support.
- Click “Games, Software, Etc.” and then click on the game you wish to remove. If you don’t see it, use the Search field to find and select it.
- Click “I want to permanently remove this game from my account.”
- Click “OK, remove the listed game(s) from my account permanently.”
Please know that this is irreversible and does not get you any kind of refund. Why would you irrevocably delete a game from Steam?
- You know you’ll never play it again.
- You’re embarrassed to have it in your library.
- You’re a parent taking action to remove something inappropriate from your child’s Steam collection.
Leave a Reply